Best Microphone For YouTube: Top 11 Cheap and Expensive Mic Exclusive Overview
Are you looking for Best Microphone For YouTube?We have prepared detailed list Top 11 Cheap Mic with Exclusive Overview for youtube vlog video.
If you are planning to record videos that are going to be uploaded on Youtube, then it is important for you to have decent gear and equipment for this purpose. It is to make sure that the video and audio quality is way up there to compete with viral videos and other fellow Youtube channels. In this article, we are going to focus on the latter and how to maximize the potential of excellent audio quality with Best microphone for Youtube videos.
- 0.1 Why Need to Avoid Built-In Camera Microphones
- 0.2 Cardioid Microphones
- 0.3 Bi-Directional Microphones
- 0.4 Shotgun Microphones
- 1 Best Microphone For YouTube
- 1.1 Fifine USB Microphone For Skype, Recordings for YouTube, Google Voice Search, Games
- 1.2 Lavalier Lapel Microphone with Easy Clip-On System
- 1.3 Lavalier Lapel Microphone Specifications
- 1.4 Best Lavalier Lapel Microphone Omnidirectional Condenser Mic
- 1.5 Neewer NW-700 Microphone
- 1.6 Blue Yeti Microphone
- 1.7 Blue Snowball iCE Condenser Microphone, Cardioid
- 1.8 Audio-Technica AT2020USB PLUS Cardioid Condenser USB Microphone
- 1.9 Zoom H1 Handy Portable Digital Recorder
- 1.10 Zoom H4N PRO Digital Multitrack Recorder
- 1.11 Miracle Sound Deluxe Lavalier Lapel Clip-on Omnidirectional Condenser Microphone
- 1.12 Rode smartLav+ Lavalier Microphone
Why Need to Avoid Built-In Camera Microphones
The best direction I can give is to completely avoid built-in camera mics if you intend to use them directly for your audio feed. You should use an external microphone at all costs. Keep in mind that the camera that you are using is mainly intended for video production and the audio technology just comes in second. Instead of settling with a second fiddle microphone for Youtube out of the built-in ones, might as well purchase an external microphone to maximize your audio quality and be in pace with your video quality. Here are different types of unidirectional microphones that you need to know of so that you will know which one you should buy for your Youtube channel.
Different Types of Unidirectional Microphones
Cardioid microphones follow a simple concept. They receive sounds being blasted on its front end and eliminate all other sounds coming from other directions. The most common type of microphone out there and is often used in live performances, karaoke and other musical outfits.
Much like the name suggests, this type of microphone picks up sounds from two directions which are at the front and the rear end. It is very sensitive in those directions but picks up moderately when it comes to sounds coming from the sides of the microphone. Bi-directional mics are best used for Q&A interviews and class lectures.
Also known as Line and Gradient, the shotgun microphone is a type of mic that is much like cardioids as it also eliminates sounds coming from the sides and does not pick up sounds from the rear end. However, it has more range on the front end compared to cardioids, and its tube-like design also contributes to that. Shotgun mics are regularly used in films, TV shows, theater, etc.
There are a lot more types of unidirectional mics, but the ones mentioned above are the most commonly used. Up next, here is a list of microphone products and equipment that you should consider having when starting a Youtube channel.
Best Microphone For YouTube
Fifine USB Microphone For Skype, Recordings for YouTube, Google Voice Search, Games
Fifine USB Microphone USB microphone from Fifine is perfect for musical performances, audio recordings, podcasts, and voice-overs. This product gets the job done without interrupting with your creative juices as it can offer high-quality audio recordings simply by just plugging it directly into your computer. This USB mic can work with any platform and devices without the need for you to download special software and programs to fix compatibility issues. Can be plugged into any USB ports but it is advised to use high-powered ports for sufficient power support.
Fifine USB Microphone mic is simply plug-and-play without any further complications. It is a very powerful tool despite its compact design as it is capable of picking up sounds on its front lobe and at the same time eliminates background noises coming from the sides. You can install it on top of its tripod stand for better convenience and adjust the mic to the user’s preferred position. The cord provided for the mic is around 2m long which is a decent length for you to move the mic around while being plugged into the computer. It
is also able to pick up sound up to 6 feet which are the excellent range for any USB condenser microphone.
Fifine USB Microphone Specs
- Noise cancellation & isolates the main sound source, Good for home studio, Yahoo Recording, YouTube Recording, Chatting, Skype, MSN, Google Voice Search
- Smooth, flat frequency response of 50Hz-16KHz
- Record Directly to Your Computer
- Wide frequency response for brilliant and transparent sound.Extremely high signal output lets your voice cut through.
- Easy to install
- Excellent sound quality
- Does not have any glitches or unwanted noise in the background
- No Major Issue
Lavalier Lapel Microphone with Easy Clip-On System
Lavalier Lapel Microphone lapel mic is best known for its excellent noise canceling feature to produce top quality audio recordings. It is great for Youtube videos, Podcasts, vlogging and even GarageBand purposes. Some Youtube aficionados even use this product for recording their original music, and that is how good it is, depending on people’s standards. This product is compatible with many devices through its 3.5mm TRRS jack, and you can plug it directly onto your Apple MacBook, iPad, iPod, iPhone, Android devices and Windows smartphones than just clip it on to what you are wearing. You can now automatically reproduce your voice without needing additional plugs and batteries.
Purchasing this product comes with a crocodile clip, mic w/ 59″ Velcro-wrapped cord and wind muff. The following accessories make it easier for you to use a selfie stick or tripod whenever doing some audio/video recording with your devices. This lapel microphone is perfect for vlogging given its size, capabilities, and versatility to work under different settings and conditions. In fact, the manufacturer feels so secure of this product that they are offering 100% satisfaction guaranteed on his lapel mic. They will give a full refund in any chance that you are left unsatisfied with the recording experience that this lapel mic can offer.
Lavalier Lapel Microphone Specifications
- Noise Cancelling For Flawless Recordings
- Multi-Compatible 3.5mm TRRS Jack
- Pack For No Hassle
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Lavalier Lapel Microphone special make for youtube vlogging
- Excellent packaging that comes with many accessories
- Very versatile and is compatible with most devices out there
- Good audio quality
- Always reduce noise
Best Lavalier Lapel Microphone Omnidirectional Condenser Mic
The Pop Voice Lavalier clip-on omnidirectional condenser microphone is exclusively designed for audio use with Apple products, Android devices, Windows smartphones and most computers out there. This condenser mic is capable of boosting audio performance producing a pure and accurate sound that can enhance the recording experience of any user. It is made of top quality steel but is still lightweight for both durability and convenience. Its compatibility features also come in handy, and there would be no need of using jacks and individual cables since it is compatible with most devices available out there.
This professional grade omnidirectional condenser mic is arguably better than its counterparts out there in the market due to many reasons. Aside from its wide variety of uses such as films, musical performances, lectures, interviews, etc., it never compensates audio quality and user experience. The package also comes with the clip for its clip-on usage, wind muff, and a customized microphone bag. The cord provided is a 59-inch cable that gives the user flexibility and decent range to move around with the mic plugged onto the computer or audio device.
- Extra Long Length & USE For: Total Length 59″ (1.5m) with TRRS 3.5 mm Jack longer than almost all comparable microphones.
- Use for Youtube podcasting
- Capable with IOS and Android All models phone tabCapable with IOS and Android All models phone tab
- Sound reproduction is natural and is not digitally processed
- Great cord length
- Compatible with GarageBand recording
- Price very cheap
Neewer NW-700 Microphone
The entire product package includes a condenser microphone, suspension scissor arm stand, table mounting clamp, metal shock mount, pop filter, ball-type Anti-wind foam cap and 3.5mm male to XLR female cable. The excellent package is one of the best that you can find anywhere in the market today. The professional standard microphone adopts a modern audio circuit and can capture all-natural sound from the source/s that is right in front of the condenser mic. Due to its cardioids properties, it cancels background noise and only picks up sounds on the front end.
The scissor arm stands included in the package is made out of solid steel which makes it very durable and stable to use. It is also adjustable to position it according to user’s preference. It is also foldable which makes it easier to carry around. The mic windscreen pop filter also helps in making sure that the sounds are all loud, clear and at the same time eliminates hisses and lips. The metal shock mount makes the mic stable minus the handling noise.
Neewer NW-700 Microphone Specs
- The metal shock mount features an angle adjustment with locking knob and can effectively reduce handling noise
- The adjustable scissor arm stand is made out of all steel construction, sturdy and durable.
- The professional condenser microphone adopts the completely new audio circuit.
- Comes as a product package for various uses
- Excellent audio quality from the condenser microphone
- Materials are made of steel which makes them very durable
- Is not compatible with Mac
Blue Yeti Microphone
Yeti is a proven company, and trusted manufacturer of microphones and their latest USB microphone does not disappoint when it comes to value and quality. The a href=”http://amzn.to/2CktSy4″>Blue Yeti USB mic is technologically-advanced and at the same time very versatile. It combines three capsules with four different pattern settings. This USB microphone is perfect to use for audio recordings by plugging it directly into your laptop or computer. Aside from its capabilities, it also looks slick and stylish with a beautiful color finish that provides more energy to its overall aesthetics.
The Blue Yeti USB microphone captures sound with clarity, and this has been made possible due to the innovative three capsule array. You have the options to record in stereo mode or through three unique patterns provided by the mic such as cardioids, omnidirectional and bidirectional. This property makes this USB microphone very versatile. It also boasts of a built-in headphone amplifier for zero-latency monitoring and controls on the headphone volume. The Blue Yeti USB microphone is also plug-and-play, and there is no need to install programs and software to use it.
Blue Yeti Microphone Specification
- Multiple pattern selection – omnidirectional, cardioid, bidirectional, & stereo
- Tri-capsule array – 3 condenser capsules can record almost any situation
- Gain control, mute button, zero-latency headphone output
- Perfect for vocals, voiceovers, interviews, field recordings, musical instruments, podcasting, conference calls
- Top quality product for a small value
- Excellent overall sound quality
- Offers good clarity and is even used by major TV production sets
- Made out of cheap materials
- Still, needs a pop filter for better audio quality
Blue Snowball iCE Condenser Microphone, Cardioid
Top quality sound production is made easier out of the Blue Snowball iCE Condenser microphone whether you are using traditional or computer-based audio recordings. This condenser microphone is also of the USB-type which makes it easier to plug onto any device out there. It is a cardioids-type of microphone that offers clear sound for communication, sound creation, and audio recordings. The Blue Snowball iCE Condenser mic is also Skype-certified which means it works smoothly with the said platform without suffering glitches and compatibility issues. The product also comes with an Adjustable desktop mic stand and USB cable for better flexibility.
Blue Snowball iCE Condenser microphone is unique because it is automatically compatible with Mac or PC without the need to install drivers and additional software. You simply have to plug in the mic then, it is right away operational. This product will also help improve audio quality when used over software and programs such as FaceTime, Skype, Twitch and a lot more. Blue Snowball iCE Condenser microphone is very advisable for recording audio for musical compositions, doing voice-overs and podcasts.
- Custom condenser capsule allows crystal clear audio for Messages, Skype, & FaceTime
- Record vocals, create podcasts and add narration to your home movies
- Easy plug and play straight to your Mac or PC—no drivers to install
- Ships with desktop stand and USB cable
- Add fresh crystal audio to recordings for YouTube
- Picks up sounds or voices naturally without sounding so digitally processed
- Will not hear any background humming out of it
- The ball core is completely lightweight
- Limited to USB ports
Audio-Technica AT2020USB PLUS Cardioid Condenser USB Microphone
The Audio-Technica AT2020USB+ is a cardioids type condenser microphone with a USB output perfect for digital audio recordings. It is highly capable of capturing acoustic sounds from any sound source with clarity through your recording software. This product is perfect to use if you are trying to record music, voice-overs, and narration. In fact, it is a direct descendant of the critically acclaimed and award-winning microphone which is the AT2020 which means top sound quality can be expected from this product since it is simply patterned from its predecessor.
The AT2020USB+ comes with a built-in headphone jack with volume control wherein you can directly monitor the microphone signal by just tweaking the control. You are also allowed mix control wherein you can blend mic sound with other pre-recorded audio material. The cardioid pickup pattern of this condenser microphone delivers impressive off-axis rejection while the A/D converter with 16-bit, 44.1/48 kHz sampling rate makes sure the sounds coming out of the speakers are articulate and natural. Audio-Technica does not also compensate the aesthetics aspect of this model as it is also very stylish aside from its promising features.
- Condenser mic with USB output for digital recording
- Mix control allows you to blend your microphone signal and pre-recorded audio
- Headphone jack including volume control allows you to monitor the microphone signal with no delay
- Extremely lightweight
- Able to provide true studio sound despite being a USB microphone
- Impressive off-axis rejection
- Looking very small
The Zoom H1 digital recorder is so easy to carry around that you can just slip it into your pocket because of its tiny size. It is perfect when you are on the go, and you want to record something that you can later work on so that you will not forget. It is portable, light and offers top audio quality which is a must for any recording device. It has a built-in stereo X/Y microphone, low-cut filter, and auto level control. The ultra-compact Zoom H1 is also ideal for recording interviews, live performances, and even intense band rehearsals.
This product from Zoom supports up to 24-bit/96 kHz WAV audio and MP3 format. You can connect a couple of external microphones to the H1’s mic/line input & mini phone jack if you are not in a traditional stereo recording mode. This feature gives you versatility out of the digital recorder and there is also a built-in speaker for you to monitor and review recorded audio without needing other devices that can play its audio files. Finally, top quality studio recording can just be fitted in your pocket.
Zoom H1 Handy Recorder Specs
- Stereo X/Y mic configuration takes perfect stereo images
- Records Broadcast WAV (BWF) at 96kHz/48kHz/44.1kHz at 16-bit or 24-bit
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port
- Same frequency & SPL handling as popular Zoom H2
- Records MP3 from 48 to 320kbps for maximum recording time
- Excellent sound quality
- Impressive one button operation
- Very easy to use
- The LED is too close to the mic
The Zoom H4N professional digital multitrack recorder is arguably the most upgraded product in Zoom’s long line of goods. It can record clean and clear audio through 4-track audio recording for music, film, podcasts and even for vlogs. This Zoom H4N is also very handy that you can operate it while moving around capturing sound and other audio units. It is equipped with advanced X/Y microphones, natural sounding preamps, and has an ultra-low noise floor so that you can record everything realistically. The X/Y microphones can also be adjustable with options of 90deg and 120deg.
The entirely new back-lit LCD is much brighter and easier to read, and the new locking XLR/TRS connectors make sure that your mic cables stay secure. Its compact body is rubberized so that it can provide a cushion in case the product gets dropped and does not cause direct impact to the insides of this multitrack recorder. You can travel anywhere with it which makes it very convenient for mobile recording in unique environments. You can also further expand your H4n PRO’s capabilities with the APH-4nPro accessory kit that comes with a hairy windscreen, attenuator cable, USB cable, splitter cable, AD-14 AC adapter.
Zoom H4n Pro Specs
- 4-in/2-out USB audio interface
- Four-channel recording up to 24-bit, 96 kHz
- 2 XLR/TRS inputs with locking connectors
- Records on SD/SDHC cards up to 32 GB (not included)
- Built-in stereo X/Y microphones, up to 140 dB SPL
- Impressive digital recording
- Great sounding preamps
- Rubberized body provides cushion and sturdiness to the recording device
- Batteries cannot be charged via USB
Miracle Sound Deluxe Lavalier Lapel Clip-on Omnidirectional Condenser Microphone
The Miracle Sound Deluxe Lavalier lapel clip-on omnidirectional condenser microphone is specifically designed to work with smartphones and mobile devices for more useful digital recording purposes. You can be able to capture the sound in the setting that you are in with perfect clarity and natural manner. Aside from excellent audio quality, this product also comes with a 3.5mm TRRS jack that makes it compatible with Apple products such as iPad, iPod Touch and the iPhone including Android devices and Windows smartphones. There are no complications involved since you can just plug it in and right away use the microphone in any of the devices above.
This microphone is of the omnidirectional type which means it can pick up sound from all directions with perfect details the same as when the moment is recorded. There are also bonus materials that come with the product package such as a customized deluxe case for the microphone, a quality wind muff, stable lapel clip and a cord that is 59″ long. The Miracle Sound Deluxe Lavalier lapel clip-on omnidirectional condenser microphone is easy to underestimate this product based on its physical features but you cannot just overlook its potential and capabilities.
Miracle Sound Microphone Specs
- Quality Sound Recordings
- Multiple Compatibility
- Amazing Bonus Material
- Great job in minimizing ambient noise
- Easy to carry around
- Slick leather case
- Impressive cord length for better mobility
- Best for smartphone
You May Also Like:
Rode smartLav+ Lavalier Microphone
The Rode smartLav Lavalier microphone is perfect to use with smartphones and iPhone. It is a broadcast-grade wearable mic that can be used in different settings and purposes such as film, musical recordings, TV production and broadcast scenarios. It is so easy to use that you can only mount it towards the sound source then plug it into your mobile device and you will be ready for a recording setup. It follows the omnidirectional pattern which means it can pick up sounds from all around the vicinity and range of the mic. It is completely user-friendly as well, and there would be no need of technicalities to operate Rode smartLav + lavalier microphone.
The Rode smartLav Lavalier mic comes with a foam pop shield for better noise reduction and vocal plosives including a solid mounting clip with built-in cable management. Its cable is Kevlar coated which further adds durability and make sure it does not easily peel off or break. In fact, the Kevlar also adds stretchability to the cable most especially when setting up the mic. A handy pouch is also provided for microphone storage.
Rode smartLav+ Lavalier Microphone Specs
- Active Electronics – JFET
- Frequency Range – 20Hz to 20kHz (selected HPF @ 0)
- Acoustic Principle – Pressure Gradient
- Capsule – 0.10″
- Small microphone that is easy to handle
- Very convenient connectivity options and compatibility properties
- Perfect for live streaming, vlogs and interviews
- A bit too expensive for a small microphone
There are a lot more microphones available out there, but these models above are arguably the most advisable to own when it comes to recording Youtube videos. Just be smart enough to choose for a microphone that fits right into your budget, preferences, and expectations. Good luck in starting your own Youtube channel.